Monday, August 23, 2010

I Will Make Things




I've decided that I will not buy myself new clothes for a year.

NEW clothes. I don't need them. I have lots. It will also help me to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes.

Here's the caveat. I can buy myself a piece or three from a thrift store, when the said thrift store is having a sale. Or from a yard sale. ALSO, I can make things for myself from my existing fabric stash and I can upcycle stuff I already have (or the very limited thrift store items).

This is making my brain work overtime. Think about all the cool stuff I can do! I can make headbands from old t-shirts. Or make Iris cute little ruffle bum pants. Lots of nifty ideas out there. I'm excited to start.

But first, I have to spend lots of time being a good mom to the beautiful new little one.

I made her too.






2 comments:

  1. She's beautiful!
    Look at those cheeks.
    O.M.G!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Meghan! I'm pooped and sore, but she's so lovely. She even cries daintily. And yes, I've alreay nom,nom,nomed her cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete