Saturday, July 10, 2010

AND my belly button is officially flat.

This has been a tough few days. Too many contractions. Clutter.

Bright spot: The really lovely shower that my boss threw for me at her house. Practically perfect. Still, I feel like I've been grouchy all day and can't shake it.
Bed rest.
Round ligament pain (in my stomach muscles? How can this be?)
Relatives (whom I adore, but also add a wee bit of stress)
Heat, heat, heat.

Handsome husband took the relatives and all the kiddos and bore an hour of screeching at the local McDonalds for lunch so I could rest and get ready for the shower. I finally felt better. Clean, pretty, put together (minus the fact that I can't reach my legs to shave them, no matter) and all I wanted to do was to stay at home, reading a book, looking nice, in the quiet.

Later tonight I was talking to handsome and said "I think I've been grouchy all day!" He gave me his warmest smile and said "why limit yourself to only one day?" Ouch. So I asked "ok buddy, how long have I been grouchy?" Answer: "How long since they put you on the diabetic diet?" Touche.

Stab. Poke. Bleed. Count. Weigh. Measure. No frozen custard for me, thanks! Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment